Transporting livestock?

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Question: If they are butchering size, how does one hogtie it and THEN lift it into the back of a vehicle? :frow

I mean, it could be done with enough men, but the pigs would be squealing and squirming like crazy, wouldn't they? And, heaven forbid, what if they got loose?? :th
i have a story about this... hee hee hee ok let me dig thru my emails.....

;-)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hog tie a kid goat or a piglet, but ya ain't hogtying a full size hog to process in the back of the seat....LOL

I sold a kid goat to people who were going to eat it. we duct taped the sucker and they were going to put it in the trunk...broke my heart of course, talked them into putting it on the floor board on the back of their seats.....well, doesn't matter, that kid was a big roast for a party.

Hog size for processing usually requires a trailer. I would beg, borrow, close to stealing one. call your processer, I am sure he knows someone to haul for you.

trade some sausage or meat....done deal.

Wolf-Kim

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well, I run with horse folks, so I would borrow a horse trailer.

If not a horse trailer, you could always go rent one of those little bumper pull U-haul trailers... This should work just fine as long as it's not hot outside or the trip isn't extremely long. ;)