Trouble uploading photos - never mind

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I don't know what's wrong - it keeps giving me an error message that I'm not using the right photo type, but I am. I had a few go through, and they are all the same type, so :hu

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks Free! I was thinking of doing that too :D I cannot figure out what's happening...

I have it narrowed down though. I can upload photos that did not go through Picasa, which I recently installed. I can't use any photos that I have put on my hard drive since Picasa, even though the filename follows the same path they did before. That results in error message. But I was able to get 3 photos directly from my SD card this morning, and then started getting the error message.

adoptedbyachicken

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Were going to need more information. What is the file type? What options in file type is given by this Picasa software? Some have their own version of or newer versions of the file types like jpg or bmp.

Look at the software's options for saving file types first I think, and see if you can get the pictures accepted. That would be the easy way if it will go.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks, I got it figured out. Kinda :/ Photos will only upload for me if I use the Windows photo viewer to transfer from an sd card to hard drive. I don't know why, but that's what is working. I'll go back to that I guess.

Picasa was saving them as .JPG files, so I don't know why they were causing an error upon uploading to SS.