01. Name? Teri
02. Gender? Female
07. How tall are you? 51
08. Can you swim? Enough to not drown
09. Do you like to swim? No
10. Living arrangement? Married V our own home finally
11. What's on your mouse pad? Florida State Seminoles
12. Favorite board game? Life
14. Favorite Actor? Tommy Lee Jones V so much that I helped my Mom name my brother Tommy Lee when I was 15
17. Favorite smells? Fresh cut grass
18. Least favorite smells? The dairy irrigation system down the road
22. Pencil or pen? Depends on what Im doing.
27. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning? Did I remember to set the coffee pot last night
28. How many rings before you answer the phone? 2
30. Have you ever called a 900 number? no
31. Gold or silver? Dont care
32. Would you ever go bungee-jumping? no
33. Do you like dressing up? On occasion, but I prefer nice jeans and boots
34. Would you rather be short or tall? A little taller than I am would be nice.
35. Do you enjoy reading? yes
37. Favorite books? Ann Rice, true crime, Im weird I know
39. Favorite movies? Steel Magnolias, Cole Miners Daughter
40. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal? No
42. What are your personality traits? Honest, opinionated, loyal, hard working
43. What's your biggest fear? Something happening to one of my kids
49. Storms - cool or scary? Both, depends on where I am
50. Do you like to dance? Not really
51. Do you do drugs? n
54. Do you drink? Very rarely
55. Favorite drink? Bud light or Ameretto and coke
56. Do you think men and women could ever be just friends without wanting each other? yes
57. Do you eat the stems of broccoli? Ew no
58. If you could have any job you wanted, what would it be? Mine own working/profitable farm
60. Do you bite your nails? nope
61. Any siblings? 2 brothers
63. Do you believe in God? Yes
64. Did you ever cry over a guy/girl? yes
66. Do you procrastinate? yep
70. What is your favorite kind of music? Old country
71. What are your favorite bands/artists? Loretta Lynn, George Jones, Hank Williams
72. What was the last CD you got? Trace Atkins - X
76. Are you single? Nope
80. What color are your eyes? brown
81. What is your natural hair color? brown
82. But what color is it now? Brown with too much grey
83. Have you ever been in love? Still am
84. Any pets? Too many cats and 1 dog
85. Good, decent, or poor grades? good
86. Is the glass half empty or half full? Depends on the day
87. Do you type with your fingers on the right keys? yes

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I look forward to reading your journal!

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
more about me :

I have been married to the only man who could probably put up with me - really we love each other - for 19 years this year. We have 3 sons 14, 12 and 4. We put a huge double wide about 1 year ago on 4 1/2 acres that DH inherited. Now that we are where we can we are working on becoming more self sufficient. So far we have:

Raised and butchered about 30 roosters

Raised a pretty good flock of layers -
Brown leghorns - 9 hens and 2 roos (1 of which is soon headed for the freezer cause he's a little too aggressive he went after my 4 year old with me in the pen)

Barred rocks - 11 hens and 2 roos - they are my favorites and will be used as dual purpose.

We have a pen with mutts - some small, not true banty, hens I got from my parents that lay colored eggs.

I have been making our own laundry detergent for almost a year and I love it and it costs hardly anything.

I have my garden area started, but not ready to plant yet.

Today I planted 2 apple trees (Granny Smith and Anna) and 2 grape vines (Concord and Thompson).

Sorry this is long - I read everyones journals and other posts, but I usually don't post much so I thought I'd jump in :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I like it when you jump in! ;) 30 roos takes a lot of killin'! :th Any plans for other livestock in the future? Do you sell your eggs, TTs?

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks Bee!

We had alot of help when we did the first 22 roos - I had my parents and 3 of my Dad's sisters - they were down to visit Dad :D - I needed a refresher since I hadn't done any butchering since I lived at home and DH and the boys had never, the 4 yr old wasn't alot of help, he did help gut the last 7 or 8 we did :D.

We are getting turkeys next month. I want to have pigs (haven't worked out where I want them yet). I had planned to already have a calf to feed out and butcher, but I am a little behind. February was a complete loss - I had the flu (so did the kids) and we lost my Dad :hit

I'm starting to sale some eggs. I put a sign up at the road and on a bulletin board downstairs at work. I need to do some more networking, Mom had a couple good ideas - local fruit/veggie stand and a lady that bakes cakes (Mom used to sale all the eggs she had to a lady that baked wedding cakes and stuff).

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
hennypenny9 said:
Grapes! I'm so jealous right now.
Don't be too jealous it'll be awhile before I can enjoy any grapes. When my 4 yr old woke from his nap I took him out and showed him where the trees and vines were planted. He asked me where the apples were :lol: I guess they were supposed to grow apples as soon as I planted them. :gig

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
HI TT's....sounds like you have a very good thing going there. Great on you for all you have done. I planted grapes...hmmm, I think was in 07. Last year I actually had enough to make a good batch of jelly. Of course, the chickens had thier fair share as well. :/ We planted cherry trees last year, and peaches this year. About 5 more years, we will have apretty good mix...if all goes well! :D

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We want to add peaches and pears, but I decided to buy bigger trees so I couldn't afford to do them all at once. Mom has pear tress though so I can get all I want from her.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Hi TTs Chicks!

We planted pear trees last year, a peach, and 2 plums this year...and I think DH has grapes but no clue where he planted them..hmm I guess I should pay attention to things.