TYPEWRITER wanted

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
First off I do realize this might be a little bit to ship but I have a 12 yr old little girl who wants to be a writer. I am blossoming a future John Walton here. So as the title says I am looking for an old working non eelctric typewriter. Yes, she knows about these computer things but I have a little girl who knows what she wants and she knows that using a typewriter will give her the emotions/feel she needs to write a good storie. Yeah I can't argue with that.
LMK I want to surprice her for Christmas. Thank you and god bless.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good for her, that is very cool!! I see really nice old ones at my Goodwill all the time. Do you have one you can check?

g

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thank you but no on the goodwill. I am on an island and only get off for rare events. I do most of my bartering online or local. I have a few tenticles out on the island but always have a few want adds online too. Thank you D

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh, that's right I forgot. :p Well I'll have to keep my eyes open for one.

g

You should check e bay. Lots of vintage listed.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Great minds think alike, we recently purchased an old used typewriter for our daughter who enjoys writing.

We got it from an online listing on our local kijiji.ca which is very similar to craigslist which I think is a more popular service in the US, have you checked there? You can also check your local freecycle.org and search the listings there. Or you can post a "request" on either of those online services. I'm sure there are still many typewriters out there just gathering dust in closets that people would be happy to pass on to someone who can use one! :)

The one we purchased for our daughter is a small one and came complete with the original case, instruction manual, an old pad of typing paper, and a set of typing lessons--all original to the set. It needed a good cleaning and probably needs a new ribbon as it types a bit faint, we will pick one up next time we go to Staples.

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
moolie said:
Great minds think alike, we recently purchased an old used typewriter for our daughter who enjoys writing.

We got it from an online listing on our local kijiji.ca which is very similar to craigslist which I think is a more popular service in the US, have you checked there? You can also check your local freecycle.org and search the listings there. Or you can post a "request" on either of those online services. I'm sure there are still many typewriters out there just gathering dust in closets that people would be happy to pass on to someone who can use one! :)

The one we purchased for our daughter is a small one and came complete with the original case, instruction manual, an old pad of typing paper, and a set of typing lessons--all original to the set. It needed a good cleaning and probably needs a new ribbon as it types a bit faint, we will pick one up next time we go to Staples.
Very nice and I am going to start checking those sights you mentioned tonight. :) I found another one at our dump Sunday but there was some issues with it. ARGHH!! The dump attendant is a good friend and says he will keep his eyes out and start asking people too. :) We'll get one just a little time.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
how about an ad in your local paper? thet is what i do when i am in need of something like that. our paper here has free wanted ads. that way you wont have the shipping.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
did you find your typewriter? there is someone on facebook here that has 2 for sale. 1 is not electric and they are asking $12.00 and 1 is electric and they are asking $30.00 for it.
4137_252038_462142460513283_552326670_n.jpg

this is the non electric one^

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Nice :) If i had had internet before Christmas I could have sent the one that is collecting dust in my garage :/