Tzaziki Recipe

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have a bowl of cuc's that have accumulated in the fridge. How old can they be and still make good pickles? should I use them for something different? Any advice?
Thanks gina

Iceblink

Maa Maa Mama
Reaction score
I use my monster cucs to make tzaziki. It's a greek yogurt dip with grated cucumbers. It's super easy to make.

I like it with pita chips, pitas, or as a dipping sauce for potatoes. Yum!

Hiedi

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Chicken food? :D
Yeah, my chickens love them. The cucumbers that get too big, I give to the chickens. I cut the cucumber into small pieces. Most of the time, they knock the container out of my hand before I can even lay it down on the ground.
:barnie

Iceblink

Maa Maa Mama
Reaction score
Hmm, Recipe? I'll try.

Peel (if you want) and grate a big cucumber. Squeeze some of the juice out with your hands. Dump plain yogurt (About 2-3 cups, depending on how cucumbery you want it) in the bowl, sprinkle in maybe 1/2t salt, about the same amount of dill weed, maybe 1T olive oil, and some pepper. Also the equivalent of about 1 large clove garlic crushed. Stir it all up and leave it in the fridge over night. You can eat it right away, but it tastes better the older it is. You can adjust the yogurt/cucumber ratio to your tastes. Adding the oil and squeezing the juices out are important to prevent bitterness and to keep it from getting too runny.

I am addicted to tzaziki and could happily eat it every day during cucumber season.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Iceblink said:
Hmm, Recipe? I'll try.

Peel (if you want) and grate a big cucumber. Squeeze some of the juice out with your hands. Dump plain yogurt (About 2-3 cups, depending on how cucumbery you want it) in the bowl, sprinkle in maybe 1/2t salt, about the same amount of dill weed, maybe 1T olive oil, and some pepper. Also the equivalent of about 1 large clove garlic crushed. Stir it all up and leave it in the fridge over night. You can eat it right away, but it tastes better the older it is. You can adjust the yogurt/cucumber ratio to your tastes. Adding the oil and squeezing the juices out are important to prevent bitterness and to keep it from getting too runny.

I am addicted to tzaziki and could happily eat it every day during cucumber season.
:thumbsup
It is delish!!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Hey, Gina, could you please change the title of the original post to read "Tzaziki Recipe" ? Thanks! -kjm