U.S. Drought Monitor 2012

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I see lots of food prices skyrocketing in the very near future! Thanks for posting this Dawn. I didn't realize how much it is all around us. We are in the moderate to severe zone ourselves, but wow...most of the rest of the country looks much worse.

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
On the eastern plains of Colorado, we're in the extreme area. We did get rain (a little!) the last 2 days but not enough to make even a tiny dent in our water needs. I'm praying for more and more daily-afternoon rains.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Yup, we're orange. I read on Foot's Forecast the other day that we just had the 5th driest first half of the year on record. Crazy!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
hqueen13 said:
Yup, we're orange. I read on Foot's Forecast the other day that we just had the 5th driest first half of the year on record. Crazy!
And that's after being so wet last year!

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We've been bumped up to Exceptional here ( from Extreme) even though we've been getting some rain (here and there) this past week.

According to NOAA, this has been the hottest and driest year (for AR) on record. :th

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I know this area is going to change. We had over an inch of rain last night! And, we may get more this morning. Looks like I'm driving the truck today. Oh well, that will just give me a chance to take out some more sand for in front of the stalls.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Share some down here Deb!!!! We got the edge of a storm on Sunday afternoon (which is ok because I didn't want the hail/wind that some areas got!) and then another little storm later and that only added up to less than 1/4" :/

Denim Deb

Reaction score
We still need more. I can see a difference in the water level in the lake, but it's still low. I just might have to go canoeing again to see how low it really is. :D

Latest posts