Universal Generic Vacuum Seal Bags On The Cheap..?

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
I hate paying the high prices for vacuum seal bags associated with a certain brand vacuum sealer. Like FoodSaver,Seal-A-Meal etc.I know that their are generic vacuum seal bags out their that will work in many vacuum sealer machines, and they are just as good but much cheaper.
Does anyone have any links to such companies selling these type bags.The prices Seal-A-Bag and FoodSaver charges for their own brand bags are rediculous and outragous.Help frugal shopper...!!

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
I bought 100 generic bags on ebay. Less than 25% of them sealed or kept their vacuum. I do not think they are thick enough for the heat strip, and it burns right through them. It was not economial at all when only one in four worked. Your mileage may vary !

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
Wow...Ldychef2k that stinks,sorry to hear that..! I hope some of you out their had better experiences with generic vacuum seal bags..!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
We also bought a BUNCH of rolls of the generic vacuum sealer bag material from a dealer on E-bay.
THEY SUCKED!
Almost 50% of the bags failed!!
The rolls were defective along the SIDES...........
I pitched a bitch to the seller and he replaced them for us, but the next batch of rolls did the very same thing!!
We have a FoodSaver brand and have had the best luck with their bag rolls. It sucks to have to pay the high prices, but it sucks even worse to lose expensive food. $0.02

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
Has anyone had good luck with generic vacuum seal bags...? Not sounding to good so far..

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
Thanks SKR8PN.....
Has anyone had better luck with generic
vacuum seal bags...? Not sounding to good so far...!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I have had luck with another bag. Its not generic but slightly cheaper than most.

I am off to find the name. Will ge back with the info.

Edited to add:
Weston brand. Still expensive but - look at the rolls and compare cost of the #of feet you get compared to other brands. My boss owns a Weston and orders the rolls. He cut off a couple of test pieces for me to test on my foodsaver. It worked. So I brought home a roll. On a side note. I don't think they keep food as well as the my foodsaver bags.
As much as they cost I still think they are the best bang for my buck, considering how much work goes into getting food ready for the freezer.

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
We also bought a BUNCH of rolls of the generic vacuum sealer bag material from a dealer on E-bay.
THEY SUCKED!
Almost 50% of the bags failed!!
The rolls were defective along the SIDES...........
I pitched a bitch to the seller and he replaced them for us, but the next batch of rolls did the very same thing!!
We have a FoodSaver brand and have had the best luck with their bag rolls. It sucks to have to pay the high prices, but it sucks even worse to lose expensive food. $0.02
He offered to replace mine, too, but I told him that it made no sense to replace poor quality goods with more poor quality goods. I gave him a negative rating. He was ticked. I am still losing sleep. Only NOT.

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, i guess you get what you pay for in most cases. I still think theres a good bag out there for a good price though..lol I just don't know where, still holding out hope someone will share a good deal..