unusual eggs...pics

nightshade

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
kcsunshine said:
They'll make the cutist Easter Eggs.:love
I'd love to try and blow them out, but I'm afraid they will break. I might just let them sit around and let them dry out. I'll just have to be real careful not to break them for a few years. :lol:
lol :hide

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
nightshade said:
FarmerDenise said:
kcsunshine said:
They'll make the cutist Easter Eggs.:love
I'd love to try and blow them out, but I'm afraid they will break. I might just let them sit around and let them dry out. I'll just have to be real careful not to break them for a few years. :lol:
Actually letting them dry out shouldn't be too bad. These little fart eggs usually don't have a yolk, so they shoudn't smell too bad, if they do break. :p

ETA I did not type in "wind" I used the f^^t word

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
nightshade said:
FarmerDenise said:
Actually letting them dry out shouldn't be too bad. These little fart eggs usually don't have a yolk, so they shoudn't smell too bad, if they do break. :p

ETA I did not type in "wind" I used the f^^t word

And I just assumed that your German heritage was showing through :lol: But then I looked it up, and found that a "Windei" is an egg without a shell.
(This is very funny - in the copied post above the word shows as just what you typed, and not "wind" :lol:)

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Here is another unusual one. My little Silver Spangled Hamburg hen lays small, and sometimes peewee eggs. One day I found this in the nest. They must have been playing soccer with the plastic egg, and split it apart. And then she aimed just right. I know it looks staged, but, truly, this is how I found it. I just moved it to a better background.

GrietsEasterEgg1.jpg

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
I guess maybe next time you'll be more specific - size, color, etc! :gig

I had "the talk" with the Sebbies again today - the Gander who needs a name screamed at me and hissed. The girls didn't see me coming with their food and so just ignored me completely. :rolleyes:
Sounds like you scared him. You could call him Sebastion, unless you don't want to go that obvious..

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Denise- Great pep talk. They might put you on tour, going farm to farm. You'll scare them so bad, the roosters will try to squat.

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have a rir roo that needs a stern talking to or a rap in the head, either one. I caught him attacking hens off the nest and then breaking and eating their eggs. Poor hens would duck their heads and pull all the eggs under them and try to save the eggs until they couldn't take it anymore and would run off, then he would promptly scratch and peck the eggs until they broke. I went nearly a week with no eggs before I saw that happen! He is now in solitary confinement! Maybe you could scare some sense into him with one of your talks!