Update on Chicken TV Patio

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, I will get my chickens on July 26th, when I return from visiting my daughter in Colorado. In the mean time I am getting things ready.

The Sun Flowers and Morning Glories are growing nicely.
1 month Sunflowers 01 email.JPG

8 days Sunflowers email.JPG

The vines are starting to flower now! I just love these!!

6 13 16 Morning Glories 02 email.JPG

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
YAY!!! CHICKENS!!! I know you will be so happy to finally get your chickens. Your sunflowers are growing like crazy, your weather must agree with them. The morning glories are a beautiful. Enjoy your visit!

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I love sunflowers and morning glories. Have you even planted moonflowers? They remind me of large morning glories. They are the size of dinner plates and only bloom at dusk to be pollinated by night-flying moths. Each flower only blooms for one night, but they are plentiful and beautiful.
11415644-large.jpg

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I had moonflowers in my garden at my old place. I loved how they seemed to glow at night.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wild morning glories aka bindweed... pretty, but don't get suckered into leaving them anywhere on your property. They'll take over and nearly as hard to get rid of as witchgrass. Ask me how I know...

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have white morning glories that grow wild......getting that area fenced and then the sheep can eat them.