Urban's Journal- It is no more.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Sounds like she had more of a problem w/you being late than she wanted to admit. Just curious, couldn't you have taken the class at a different time, or was this the only time it was offered? Is it possible to do anything w/your work schedule if this situation arises again?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
She sounds like a total wench. A passive aggressive tool. I never had a class where I didn't know what my grade was going in to the final. I would ask for a copy of my records so I could see these "missed assignments and test".

My son had a teacher that tried to fail him because of his missed papers. Turns out the idiot forgot to write down her grades. I still had the papers with the grades on them. When I was talking to her she was a total snot and acted like I was a bad parent for not making my son do his homework. In fact she was just a moron. That fact that she had made a mistake never even entered her mind.

I made copies of all the papers and had my son give them to her to properly record his grades. I also made sure to tell her I made copies "in case she needs to keep the originals". LOL

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
She sounds like an ass.

This is why I have no education. I couldn't put up with that crap in school and I sure as heck am not PAYING to be treated that way.

If I want abuse, I know where to find it for free, thanks.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
OK, sorry, but here is a teacher's point of view...

Were you absent for five classes? How many classes were there for the semester? How long were the classes? Did you ever ask her or one of the top students if you missed anything critical by being late? Were you 20-30 min late (be honest) and only five minutes away from the classroom?

I have issues every semester with students who are late, leave early, absent and don't contact me about missed work, don't ask others if they missed anything critical, or ask other weak students what they missed. Then if I hunt them down and give them, in writing, assignments to make up the missing work and a written deadline (I give them 1-2 weeks, depending on what they missed), most students now come back to me with, "Huh? What? You never told me!" But, ah, yes, I use a triplicate form now, and here is a copy.

I just turned this semester's grades in and 40% of the students are incomplete and have not passed due to missed, written deadlines (all due Dec 4!). None of them have their arms in a cast or any reason....they never even bothered to contact me. The dean of students suggested I also give one an additional assignment, to write a paper on the importance of communication with teachers and in the future as a licensed professional, with clients, when one is going to be absent or late.

I notified them today. I'm expecting a lot of whining. I'm personally sick of it.

Not saying you are in this category, but at least know what your teacher deals with. And be honest about your role in it. Or she may just be a raging....um....female doggie.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I am glad you at least got a chance to turn in the final. :cool:

I work in the school system as well and I DO see a lot of students that just don't give a flip ..... I ALSO see a bunch of power crazed (what shall we call them's) that just LOVE to mess with a person for the fun of it.

Seems to me like you were pretty up front about you being late. Also seems like this gal has a problem. Anyway I hope you get a passing grade at least - no need to waste anymore time or money on this class.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
I am glad you at least got a chance to turn in the final. :cool:

I work in the school system as well and I DO see a lot of students that just don't give a flip ..... I ALSO see a bunch of power crazed (what shall we call them's) that just LOVE to mess with a person for the fun of it.

Seems to me like you were pretty up front about you being late. Also seems like this gal has a problem. Anyway I hope you get a passing grade at least - no need to waste anymore time or money on this class.
See both here too. It makes me crazy!!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, I will match my student's commitment. Actually, I will match it with quite a bit more, and will try to motivate the slackers. By mid-term, I stop trying with the ones who won't work with me, and focus on the ones who demonstrate that they want to learn.

I'm cranky today because I have to give up my valuable time off to run around and follow up on the slackers who are now saying, "Doh....what do you mean, I'm going to fail the course??? Huh???" And I am required to spend MY OWN TIME, UNPAID to correct all their make-up work (because they couldn't be bothered to show up or turn in work on time) and and to correct re-take exams for people who are obviously smart enough to learn the material but tried to wing it without bothering to study. Gaaah. There is no satisfaction in that part of my work.

So sorry if I cranked all over you, UD, sounds like your teacher could use some medication.

As for me.....mama needs her med'cine! :lol: Involving a lime and some vodka!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
abifae said:
She sounds like an ass.

This is why I have no education. I couldn't put up with that crap in school and I sure as heck am not PAYING to be treated that way.

If I want abuse, I know where to find it for free, thanks.
My thoughts exactly, Abi! My experience with formal and government regulated (or not.. lol) education is disastrous at best.

Latest posts