Usda asking to register your garden....wth?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wow, I read that site information three times.

Lots of question marks for me....like why were the girl scouts called out. I am usually good at straining the word soup, but I need to read again

Peeps let's not go politics on this one.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Compare the tone with the promotion of "Victory Gardens" back when. So many examples of urban gardens getting wrecked by perps unknown.
I need to get back to work. Lol

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Posting locations of all the gardens? Uhhh, nope!

Location and information on each garden will be posted on a map.

To make it easier for somebody to come steal my tomatoes? Well it does say “benefit the community by providing food” LOL LOL

One of the requirements for registration is benefiting the community, wonder what they mean by that? When I have garden excess I benefit my neighbors—my choice who I benefit.

I agree that people should be encouraged to grow some of their own food. I shake my head in wonder at the people quick to whip out their SNAP card, but will not lift a finger to grow anything to feed themselves. Lazy. Just lazy. I don’t know about this brig a registered government program, something doesn’t feel right.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I agree that people should be encouraged to grow some of their own food. I shake my head in wonder at the people quick to whip out their SNAP card, but will not lift a finger to grow anything to feed themselves. Lazy. Just lazy. I don’t know about this brig a registered government program, something doesn’t feel right.
This. Yes. I have told the story many times of trying to help the first wife's friend to grow her own food and her not caring at all

All the corn the community church planted, such a waste. We ended up taking like 15 dozen ears, all told, and barely dented the full crop amount. Most went to waste because folks refused to come down and just pick the corn (all they wanted for free).

We are indeed a special community here on this site, and for that, I am thankful