Uses for prescription containers?

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Are there any really great uses for prescription containers?
My DH is on many medications and the containers are piling up.
These are the "push and turn" topped, basic transparent orange and transparent green plastic containers.
I either must find uses for them or discard them. I have literally hundreds.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
My dad used them for holding fishing lures in his tackle box. It helps keep them from getting tangled.

They are also good for holding small screws and nails in the kitchen drawer, so you don't have to go outside to the tool box in dead of winter. :D

ETA - they would probably be good for holding garden seeds.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I use them for everything from - small fishing supplies, to screws and nuts, to holding odd and end jewelry findings and beads.

I have made up several eyeglass repair kits and keep them in my purse, car, scattered throughout the house. I keep several sitting on my dresser to hold loose change. (With the right size bottles, you can sort your change, figure out how much each bottle holds, and its stacked and ready for wrappers).

I also keep sewing needles in them, along with spare buttons.

Thats all I can think of right now - but I am sure I have more holding little things around the house.

nightshade

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I use mine for seeds, sewing needles, loose change in the car and 22 shells in your coat pocket. I am sure that there are tons more things that they can be used for though.

I like the fishing lures idea. There is nothing worse then reaching in for one spinner and getting the whole box full. I will have to try that.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I like the emergency sewing kit and eye glass repair kit ideas.

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
I use mine for seeds too- also for spices. They are good for holding a house key that you hide outside. They are good for holding small craft type paint or supplies.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I've used medicine bottles with a good seal for paint samples. Often you will paint a room and either run out as you paint or simply discard small amounts in the cans that are left. I've found that its a pretty good bet that the paint finish will be scuffed a time or two when you raise boys, so I store a small amount for retouching in each room.

I just dab a bit on the paper label or lid to identify the color and keep them handy for emergencies. It also helps if you want to get that color of paint again, when you can paint a piece of paper slip and let the hardware store match up paint colors with their color sensor.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
We use script bottles to put "blister pack" over the counter meds in. We cut the front of the box and directions and tape it around the bottle.

I HATE blister packs. :somad

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
For all you hunters out there...sorry vegetarians...take a nail and punch a hole in the top of the lid. Put a couple of cotton balls in the bottle and then you can use this for 2 different things.

1. take a needle and pull some of the cotton out of the top to get it started and then use it to find the direction of the wind when you go to set up for a hunt. All you have to do is pull some of the cotton through the hole each time, it should continue to feed through once you have gotten it started. If you don't want to use cotton balls, leave the cap intact and you can collect the fluff out of a cattail and store it in the bottle to keep in your pack and it works even better than the cotton

2. After the hole is poked then pour some doe urine on some cotton balls and make a scent bomb, just place it near your stand. Take the bottle with you when you are done and you can use it again. If you don't want to put out an entire container you can use a piece of cloth or a tampon with scent on it and use the prescription bottle to store it in when carrying it in your pack. Hang it on a tree limb near your stand or tie a piece of string to the cloth after soaking it overnight and use it for a drag line when walking to your stand...the deer will just follow it right to you! (on a good day, that is ;))