Uses for prescription containers?

On Our own

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My sewing and beading baskets have tons of them. Beads, beads, beads. Sewing kit has needles, snap parts (I am always losing the other half!), buttons, pins etc etc etc...

Since the bottles come in such a variety of sizes they can really cover lots of uses. I have used really large ones to hold powder (after thorough washing of course) like salt and sugar or whatever you need for camping and hiking day trips. They hold better than film canisters.

I like the eyeglass repair kit! I hadn't thought of that one - thanks!

Iceblink

Maa Maa Mama
Reaction score
'Scrip bottles make nice popsicle molds. Just add a stick. Some are easier to get out than others.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Iceblink said:
'Scrip bottles make nice popsicle molds. Just add a stick. Some are easier to get out than others.
What a great idea. I wore out my ice-tups a few years back.
We canned a load of concord grape juice last fall that would be so good as popsicles. :weee

cackle

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I never thought about using them for seeds. I over bought at the feed store yesterday so that will be a great way to store in the freezer.

cknmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I LOVE the blister pack idea!! There is NOTHING worse than being very sick and having to deal with those awful torturous things!

I also love the popsicle idea, I must try that!

DGD uses them to catch insects for her collection.

I use them to go around our ranch every summer collecting prickly poppy seeds to spread where I want them in the spring.

I put assorted things in them for camping; lotion, butter, matches, sewing kits, oil, anything that I can think of.

I use them to hold many different types of craft supplies. I use them to roll out clay and cut out small circles, or trace circles.

Put jewelry in when traveling.

I know that I use them for more things, but off hand I can't think of any more.

Monica

mmtillman

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hubby fills them with coins and then , when they are full he uses them to take with us for garage sales in the summer....:)