Valerian for kids?

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I would avoid the valarian if you can.

I use warm milk and honey too. It has the amino acid tryptophan (sp?) in it, same as mothers milk and helps contribute to sleep. When she wakes up in the middle of the night give it also. I would start there. I wonder why the pat of butter in it FarmerDenise?

I would start with that.

I had a similar problem with my son when he was little. I used Calms Forte from Hyland pharmacy, Its homeoapthic and non addictive in any way. My son would ask for it when he couldn't sleep and it worked like a charm.

There is also one you can get from Heel Homeopathics called Neurexen....

you can get either at www.iherb.com

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
jendh said:
Thanks everyone for the replies and welcomes. To answer some of your questions: Yes, she has a routine bedtime, I've always been adamant about my kids getting 10-12 hours of sleep, she's usually snoozing by 8:30 and we get up for school at 7:10.
I would try letting her go to bed a little later, perhaps on a weekend to see how it works.

My kids bed time is at 9pm (I have a 6 and 10 year old) They're up at 7 on school days (thats 10 hours sleep give or take). On weekends they get up when they want to, mostly thats still too early for me :lol:
We do sometimes let them stay up later now that school is out - they'll go to bed at 9:30 or 10 and sleep a little later.