Val's SS journal- Fair food! Yea!

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
OK, one day a year I go crazy with fair food. :drool It is one of my reasons to go to The Big E in Springfield, Mass. Well, that and the animals- it was llama day and they had a really cute trail class demo for llamas. A 3-step stairs up then down, a ramp, a hay bale corridor to walk into then back out of, hanging cloth strips to walk through. It was fun to watch. And we talked awhile with one of people who brought a few llamas to the show. I love that you can go in and visit with the animal owners. Llamas are really funny- they look down their noses at people like they are the ones in charge, and have the greatest disapproving looks I have seen on any animal :D I also had a nice chat with a guy spinning llama fleece in the barn from his llamas.

So, I started with fried cheese curds for lunch. Followed by a lobster roll sandwich and an oatmeal stout. Then the maple cotton candy! I bought 2- one to eat then and one to bring home. I LOVE cotton candy, and maple is just the tops! Then chocolate covered bacon. Dark chocolate. It was really good- crispy bacon coated in lovely chocolate. But at $2 a piece I only had one. Besides I had to leave room for the funnel cake. And at some point I split a piece of flatbreat pizza.

I know I'm forgetting things because there was just so much junk food around! I had acid reflux all last night. :lol:

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I went to our fair for the first time in years this year. I had 2 Gyros. One for lunch and I shared another with my dh later in the day. :hide I like your choices though. I saw the chocolate covered bacon booth but didn't stop.

Hows your tumma feeling??:p

g

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Last year our Fair had Krispy Kreme hamburgers. ETA yes, those are donuts instead of breaded buns

1857_donutburger.jpg

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I am good at staying low carb, but I would commit crimes to get a hold of a fresh batch of fried cheese curds :D

Latest posts