VENT!

Mattemma

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
When I am in a bad mood I get everything done asap for the day,and then retire to my bed to read or watch tv.

A glass of wine/herbal tea wouldn't hurt and/or a bit of dark chocolate.

Hope you feel better soon!!!!

ranchhand

Power Conserver
Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! There are bug parts in chocolate! :th

Just read that in another thread.....

I had a bowl or curried beef stew over rice at 9 a.m. and feel much better for it. Go eat that steak. Hope it gets better!

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
ranchhand said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! There are bug parts in chocolate! :th

Just read that in another thread.....
There are bug parts allowed by law in most all processed foods, mouse droppings probably too.

But what she really needs are some...

PrescriptionBrownies.jpg

Bethanial

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Aw, c'mon Rebbetzin! I NEED that recipe for prescription strength brownies!

And nobody's mentioned the obligitory glass of wine, yet, either :p

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
WEL HECK YA'LL IT IS GREAT TO SEE OTHERS HAVE BAD MOOD DAYS hahaha

AND my steak and mushrooms in butter was FAB! I ate the whole NY strip and a ton of shrums. And yes, I feel better-----then I had 2 giant squares of dark chocolate! baby had fun today! :)

but sad news now and yes it has made me sad......Barb my best friend who owns the dairy, Junior (her horse) has been sick the last few weeks and has steadily gotten worse. Doc Martin has it on tons of antibiotics/sulfur and vitamins etc. Jr. is in bad shape and they are blood testing again for any and all diseases they can find, but nothing is showing up. She said he is staggering and barely eating now and can't move his back legs well and thinks she will have to put him down in a day or 2. Doc Martin is sending TY out today to check Jr. Ty is another horse Dr. and was his partner before until Ty got his own practice.

WELL----Barb just called and I just got off the phone

Ty found 2 brain tumor masses at the base of Jr.'s skull...and one big knot under his jowl. Ty said he will not improve, get worse fast and should be put down ASAP. She is getting the hole dug ASAP and going to put him down. No other options. She said when Ty pressed those tumors his eyes went crazy wild and he almost fell down. She said he doesn't even seem to "be here" anymore....UGH

This is the gal that just lost her Mom a few days after Christmas.
She is just so sad. Jr. is only 12. Ugh I feel for her cause when I put Peepers down with twisted gut it is just heart breaking.

UGH

so now I am sad.

oh well....off to fold laundry. Now my energy is sapped. Big heavy SIGH but of course, as with everything, all will be fine! :)

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
Oh, that's awful about your friend's horse. Send her hugs from another horse person.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea it is sad cause we just buried her Mom the week after Christmas, she is in lala land and now Jr. oh I tell ya sometimes life is rough....well, we all know that don't we! :(

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
valmom said:
My theory is that it is the fault of this never ending winter, and I'm sticking to my story!
I agree with valmom...it was 70* here yesterday, I had all the windows open, my shorts & tee shirt on, & I felt GREAT!!

Today...40*, cloudy....not so much. :tongue

And sorry about your friend...:(