Venting dryer into laundry room

RedheadErin

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I forgot to mention, it is a propane dryer.

ETA: I guess I found my answer:
Electric vs. Gas
Under certain circumstances, it may be acceptable to vent your electric dryer's exhaust into your living area. Never vent a natural gas or propane dryer into your house. Carbon monoxide is only the first of many dangers connected with allowing combustible exhaust to build up in your house.

Poorly adjusted or partially plugged gas jets could allow a buildup of unignited fuel. One spark or a buildup of heat could send you looking for your homeowner's policy.

Read more: Should I Vent a Dryer Indoors? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/way_6175109_should-vent-dryer-indoors_.html#ixzz1iopCLGlL

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
My opinion is that if a gas dryer is putting CO into the house through the hot air vent then it isn't installed properly. I also think that if any of your alliances are gas (this includes propane) then you should have CO detectors installed.

When we have lived in arid areas we vent the dryer into the house during the winter. We feel it helps the humidity in the house and saves some of the heat that would otherwise go outside.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Better do some more research. It looks like the combustion byproducts might be vented with the hot moist dryer air rather than through a separate exhaust stack.

Latest posts