Vertical windmill

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I love the tree design. I have thought about how cool it would be to paint houses, barns, sheds, etc. to look like part of the landscape. Like a huge mural that just blends into the scenery. On the other hand, how would you find your way home, lol.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hahaha, @Icertuche when our son painted our outbuildings a couple of years ago, he painted them in "camo". We laugh about how we can't find the sheds anymore.

I've realized over the years that the buildings I've like the most were the ones that blended into their surroundings. In San Jose, CA there is an office building that is entirely surfaced in mirrored glass and surrounded by trees. You have to look VERY carefully to see the outlines of the building instead of the reflected trees.

One of the prettiest fences I ever saw was an 8 foot board fence painted to look like a redwood forest in the mist. With their real plantings in front of it, you really didn't realize there was a barrier; it looked like their land went on forever.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Reminds me of this I saw some time ago. A hazard for birds, but amazing looking nonetheless

yukutake-haurmi.jpg