1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official SS Poll: What do you do to eliminate bills / cut down expenses?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. 2017 BYC Calendars- ORDER NOW!
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. SS Featured Thread: How do you skin your potatoes?
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice
  5. SS Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Vertical windmill

Discussion in 'Other Power Generation - Wind, Hydro, Geothermal, ' started by JASTECH, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Jan 4, 2016
    JASTECH

JASTECH Power Conserver

I think a vertical windmill with magnetic generator is the most effective way. It will take less wind and produce with less downtime. Any members use these?

2. Feb 7, 2017
    chefsdreams

chefsdreams Power Conserver

i was looking at this some time ago. i came across a company from chicago who built something like a dna molecule. you know? like a double helix. the idea was just as you suggest - make it work in light wind. i wanted to try and mount one on our front porch, but never got around to it. i'll root around to see if i can't find more for you about that company.
    good luck.