Very bad news this morning

mrs.puff

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am at work right now (I'm a substitute teacher) and we just got the message that one of my students died this morning. Evidently she had a seizure and drowned in the tub. She was 16. And she was a very good friend to me and always wanted to share everything that was going on in her life. I'm really struggling to make it through today. I'm sitting in front of a classroom full of 7th graders right now, trying not to flip out.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Mrs. Puff, my thoughts are with you! That must be soo difficult to deal with. Hopefully you can make it through the day okay. :hugs

mrs.puff

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks miss-- fortunately I've got prep next hour so I can go sit in the lounge and chill.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
I'm so sorry. Being there for her to share was very kind of you. I know she will be missed. My thoughts are with you. :hugs

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Let me offer my condolences. I'm sure that everyone on this forum is saddened by this tragic news.

Strengthen that which remains.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
I'm so sorry! Can only try to imagine what it would be like to lose someone so young so quickly :(

mrs.puff

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Jessica would think it was cool that people all across the planet were thinking of her. She was a good kid.

Patch of Heaven Farm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:hugs So sorry to hear about your young friend. I pray for strength and comfort for you and her family.