Very handy gadget for gas-fuel equipment

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I realize that most of us have more than enough “stuff”, but every so often I discover a little-known tool or device I want to tell people about. This little igniter costs under $20, and works very nicely every time. And the manufacturer promises tens of thousands of ignitions. Amazon sells it and I think many other places do too.
SparkKey.jpg

Winter’s here! I just used the SparkKey a couple times this morning because overnight snowfall had knocked out our local electric power for about seven hours. Since we wanted to make coffee and cook breakfast, I brought in the propane camp stove. This device is better than a match because the initial gas flare-up won’t singe your fingers.

Actually, I bought a SparkKey because I use torches in my shop and in other situations — everything from thawing frozen pipes and things, to bending or cutting steel or brazing, to lighting outdoor scrap piles. Like most guys, I used to habitually light any torch I have (ones that don’t have a built-in igniter) with a conventional welder’s flint “striker” or “sparker”. But those’re fussy, and too often I’ve had to twist the flint around 90* or so, or replace a worn-down flint. :barnie

I’ve found this gadget to be safe and handy to use with my torches.

Last edited: