Very Quiet in Here

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's 96 here today, high humidity, heat advisory for 105. I worked one of my PT jobs this AM, after morning feed chores, then home to dump the now warm water for cool refill. Moved some to another pasture with more shade. Gave piggies their shower and cool water into the mud hole. (They sweetly grunted a thank you and then shook mud on me:lol:) Then dripping wet went inside....cold water & a cat-nap! Almost 5 now and I'm getting ready to go out for evening feeding. Will drop into mid 80s next couple days, so will help with the outdoor work. Fencing.

I still work 2 PT jobs. Like you say, it helps pay the bills -- for me, the feed bills. But it is my choice and so I continue. Time to clean out the chicken coop but, that isn't going to get done this week :hu Just not! It's ok.

While it's hot outside Saturday, I will be in a store with A/C, getting paid for handing out ice cream and brownie samples:celebrate. Life is good!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I'm still around though not posting much at the moment. I've been finishing a quilt for a customer and that took a lot of time over the last month. Added to that yet more chickens, son out from school for the summer holidays, too much rain and resulting messes etc.

Miss seeing @Denim Deb around and I miss her journal updates.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep, miss her posts but, IMO she seemed to be "unhappy" with us here. Dunno, just got that impression from a sentence in her post near the end. Maybe she will come back on. Hope she has been able to locate another property and get her truck issue worked out.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I did talk to her and she was unhappy about some "things" and decided to switch to another forum...

I too hope that things work out for her!

Poka_Doodle

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm not often as much as I was but only because of BYH. I'm noticing the same things. I will get a old thread of mine that was popular for this site up again to see what happens.