Vet Trip for heart worm Rx. Anyother ss way to deal with heart worms?

cojoin12

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
hi, I read about a medication called Revolution, it is for heartworm and fleas. Has been used in Europe for a while. I see it can be ordered on the internet, does not require a vet to order, and has a good track record. Check various sites for best price. I intend to start my dogs on this when I am out of my current supply from the vet. I found this info in woman's day or family circle mag. The price is less than one dose of the better flea meds, and it is a topical medication. Hope this helps, i know it will for me. Like this site as well as backyard chicken site, wonderful info and support. Claire

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Dumb question- Do you all inject your Ivermectin? I ask because I use Ivemectin of various sorts for the goats but orally which is reputed to work better for them.

sevengooses

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I have raised or owned and shown dogs in Fl for over 20 yrs...I have used the liquid Ivomec cattle wormer for years and it is effective...I have, in the past, randomly pulled a dog and had a heartworm and a fecal test done...negative all around...it also kills rounds and hooks...I know some of the herding breeds are sensitive to the product so just be aware and use common sense...tape worms and whips need a different product...

it is given orally and I have used 1/10th cc pr 10 pounds as was previously suggested...

sevengooses

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Big Brown Horse. I have had Frenchies, Dachshunds, Italian Greyhounds, German Shorthaired Pointers, but my favs are Dobermans. Thanks for the welcome.

Latest posts