Vinegar and Baking Soda

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I already knew a lot of those, but some will become very handy in my household. Very cool Betta :thumbsup Thanks for sharing ;)

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Vinegar is good! Baking soda is good! But mix them together and the baking soda neutralizes the vinegar forming carbon dioxide gas which is useless unless you are baking! As a cleaning agent all you get is a fizz. Now club soda is used to remove spots or allowing them to set, club soda is carbon dioxide dissolved in plain water. When you mix vinegar with baking soda you get a salty [chemical term not the same as table salt] solution that fizzes. If you believe in scrubbing bubbles go to it. What is your position on the tooth fairy and the Easter bunny?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:lol: :lol:

I believe in the tooth fairy and easter bunny. Over MY MANY years I got alot of loot from them!!!!!!!!!

and so is my kid NOW! ;)

yes, tho vinegar and baking soda are good natural easy things to disinfect, clean, and add to other situations to make for good cleaning. Use them alot.
vinegar is great in a washing machine.
while the SMELL I hate, when diluted to clean etc. I like it.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
So gd, how does that explain the recommendations of vinegar/baking soda as a drain cleaner?

Just curious

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I knew some of the tips, but found some new uses too. Now to wright them down in a little book...