Vitamin D fortified milk has corn in it!

mrs.puff

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks BB-- I just hate to hear him in the bathroom every day taking all those pills and using an inhaler. Sheesh. Maybe he needs a gluten-free diet. I just don't know.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
When Fage first came out it was made with cream. Now there is a low fat and no fat version and that is made with skim :sick Greek Gods brand yogurt is still made out of cream. I get it from Vitamin Cottage.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
mrs.puff said:
Thanks BB-- I just hate to hear him in the bathroom every day taking all those pills and using an inhaler. Sheesh. Maybe he needs a gluten-free diet. I just don't know.
Does he want help?
If so, maybe you can list his foods, symptoms, etc, in a new thread.

mrs.puff

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks for the update on Fage. I thought they had a "fatty" version! LOL. We don't even have a single Vitamin Cottage or a Whole Foods in the whole state. You must live over Boulder way or something Wifezilla. My BFF is there.

And BB-- I don't know what he wants to do really. I know he still wants to lose about 30 lbs, but I kinda doubt I can rope him into trying any natural remedies. It's just easier for him to go pick up the meds at the pharmacy. sigh. I hate medicine. I'm taking BC now, and am not thrilled about it, but you gotta do what you gotta do. I've had too many friends "accidentally" get prego when they were using other methods. Anyway, that's off topic.

My new batch of organic whole milk un-homogenized yogurt is on the way right now!

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
All you can do, and really, it will make a difference, is to provide super yummy whole foods meals and snacks.
Its not about remedies :)
Abi's Fat Bombs make a fabulous snack by the way, and you would have to have no taste buds to not like them.
Feed him in a way that keeps him from wanting junk, but be quiet about it and never mention the real reason.

Hopefully you can find a source for raw milk in your area.
That alone would make a huge difference.

I say you sign up for Free's class ;)

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
All you can do, and really, it will make a difference, is to provide super yummy whole foods meals and snacks.
Its not about remedies :)
Abi's Fat Bombs make a fabulous snack by the way, and you would have to have no taste buds to not like them.
Feed him in a way that keeps him from wanting junk, but be quiet about it and never mention the real reason.
That's what I do :) Just keep things around that satisfy. Otherwise I feel neglected and have to go eat stupidly.

And yeh, my fat bombs are fabu.

I say you sign up for Free's class ;)
Seconds that ;)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Cats are obligate carnivores and should not be given grains at all. Not less corn, no corn. The price of the dry kibble is higher in a no-grain food, but they eat a bit less of it and your vet bills over the years...or lack thereof....will more than cover the cost of the food. Trust me on this one. There is a reason I devote so much of my time and energy to making catfood! :p

Oh, and Deb, cats can easily develop an allergy to flea saliva...I have an older cat who seems to have suddenly done this. Once we figured it out, his skin is now almost cleared up.
Well, she's had the fleas for awhile, and when I sat back and thought about it, she really started to itch about the time that I had to switch feed. (They stopped carrying what I was buying.) I bought a bag of cat food today that has no corn in it, but it was expensive! I'm now thinking of making my own cat food, and will have some questions on it, but I'll start a new thread on it so I don't hijack this thread. (Plus, I'll be able to find it. :rolleyes:

mrs.puff

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I think that's the tactic I am trying... just quietly removing the MSG-laden taco seasoning, cream of mushroom soup, white english muffins, etc. He actually eats fairly well, I guess compared to most Americans. He was eating school lunch though every day (he's a teacher) and I don't think that was very good for him. (go figure). I "bought" a deer from a friend of mine so that we would have deer meat (he doesn't hunt) and he's thrilled with it. I feed him a lot of fresh fruits and vegs in his lunch now, and he gets farm eggs, oatmeal, or toast with natural PB for breakfast now. Granola is his new treat. Lunches are usually leftovers, or salads, sandwiches, fruit, vegs, etc. I make dinner from scratch almost every night, time permitting. At least he's better than the last guy I was with, who would literally salt his bacon. I caught him drinking Kraft ranch dressing out of the bottle one time. He drank instant coffee every morning, and always had the runs. :sick

The trouble is, I really like to bake, so sometimes we end up with too much sweets around. And we both like chocolate. mmmmm....chocolate.

He can comfortably fit into a pair of 36 jeans now (he's 6'3") with only a medium belly pooching out. He is constantly clearing his throat and sniffing though. We DO have a very dusty house, since we are in the middle of remodeling and tearing out old walls, so there's a lot of cruddy old wallpaper and plaster exposed.

I will check out what Free has going on. Maybe my quiet crusade will start to do some good, even if he doesn't realize it. :fl

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
mrs.puff said:
I think that's the tactic I am trying... just quietly removing the MSG-laden taco seasoning, cream of mushroom soup, white english muffins, etc. He actually eats fairly well, I guess compared to most Americans. He was eating school lunch though every day (he's a teacher) and I don't think that was very good for him. (go figure). I "bought" a deer from a friend of mine so that we would have deer meat (he doesn't hunt) and he's thrilled with it. I feed him a lot of fresh fruits and vegs in his lunch now, and he gets farm eggs, oatmeal, or toast with natural PB for breakfast now. Granola is his new treat. Lunches are usually leftovers, or salads, sandwiches, fruit, vegs, etc. I make dinner from scratch almost every night, time permitting. At least he's better than the last guy I was with, who would literally salt his bacon. I caught him drinking Kraft ranch dressing out of the bottle one time. He drank instant coffee every morning, and always had the runs. :sick

The trouble is, I really like to bake, so sometimes we end up with too much sweets around. And we both like chocolate. mmmmm....chocolate.

He can comfortably fit into a pair of 36 jeans now (he's 6'3") with only a medium belly pooching out. He is constantly clearing his throat and sniffing though. We DO have a very dusty house, since we are in the middle of remodeling and tearing out old walls, so there's a lot of cruddy old wallpaper and plaster exposed.

I will check out what Free has going on. Maybe my quiet crusade will start to do some good, even if he doesn't realize it. :fl
Chocolate? Did you say chocolate?
Here is my recipe.
http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4747