Vitamin D

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Apparently I am rather slow but I thought that this was important enough to out myself in the hopes that this will be helpful to someone else.

http://www.westonaprice.org/Dietary-Supplements-What-the-Industry-does-NOT-want-you-to-know.html

Vitamins and minerals come in many different forms. Some are derived from foods, such as vitamin E when extracted from vegetable oil and vitamins A and D when extracted from fish oil. Others are made in laboratories--they may then be labeled "natural" because they are made from "natural" precursors. Some are combined with dried foods and herbs and called "food vitamins."
A number of forms of synthetic vitamins A and D are used in supplements. All should be strictly avoided

I puled out my D to take a look.....soybean oil :th

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Dace said:
Apparently I am rather slow but I thought that this was important enough to out myself in the hopes that this will be helpful to someone else.

http://www.westonaprice.org/Dietary-Supplements-What-the-Industry-does-NOT-want-you-to-know.html

Vitamins and minerals come in many different forms. Some are derived from foods, such as vitamin E when extracted from vegetable oil and vitamins A and D when extracted from fish oil. Others are made in laboratories--they may then be labeled "natural" because they are made from "natural" precursors. Some are combined with dried foods and herbs and called "food vitamins."
A number of forms of synthetic vitamins A and D are used in supplements. All should be strictly avoided

I puled out my D to take a look.....soybean oil :th
Its OK, :hugs
Now that you know, you can be proactive about it :)
I will not even touch E, because it also is made from soy.
In fact, it is rare for me to use a "storebought" supp.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
When I use a vitamin I look for clinical evidence that it is capable of working.

The verdict is out on vitamin E for many years. It works and powerfully. Seek out products from reputable companies and that are recommended by leading physicians in the alternative health fields.

Personally I don't supplement E, as at this point in time I think I get enough but if you have certain diseases it is essential and not to be feared.

Now you can think you get enough vitamins from your food but vitamins (and minerals) can be used as pretty powerful weapons in disease to be both curative and prevenative. As diseases progress or show up in you and as you age you have to think these matters through. If a disease shows up you gotta know that you are doing something wrong and there are generally issues in digestion or quantity or quality of what we eat.

We cannot always eat all that we need to heal unless one really gets into super foods that come in concentrated forms and are often most unpalatable at that for a daily basis.

If you are developing vascular issues, skin issues, cardiac issues, vitamon E in mixed tocotrienols form is something to look at.

This is also where the use of herbs comes it. They provide vitamins and minerals in complexes that are used in ways different from our common food. They can open pathways to increase the utilization of the nutrients that we do eat and these vitamins and minerals in phytonutrient form are most compatable with the metabolic processes intra and extra cellularly.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Went to check my D which came from the Naturopath. It's from Pure Encapsulations and says it doesn't contain any soy, gluten, oils, etc.
A good reminder that not all supplements are as good as others. Or safe.

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Im glad you posted this Dace,..I was just getting ready to buy me some vitamin D supplement.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
If you get the cod liver oil that Bubblingbrooks talks about, you should get all your D and A from that.....right, bb? Blue Ice brand, available online.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
freemotion said:
If you get the cod liver oil that Bubblingbrooks talks about, you should get all your D and A from that.....right, bb? Blue Ice brand, available online.
I was going to look that up, thanks Free.

It is so disappointing that you go to a health food store and attempt to do the right thing....I even asked for help! You know what I was told? "They are really all the same, try this one, it's on sale!" :smack

Yeah I am a sucker, but I am glad that my stupidity helped SOMEONE here :thumbsup

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yep the bottle I was going to order is soy also,...:rolleyes: . I guess Im just going to soak up more sun,...it's cheaper. :D