Vitamin D

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Dace said:
freemotion said:
If you get the cod liver oil that Bubblingbrooks talks about, you should get all your D and A from that.....right, bb? Blue Ice brand, available online.
I was going to look that up, thanks Free.

It is so disappointing that you go to a health food store and attempt to do the right thing....I even asked for help! You know what I was told? "They are really all the same, try this one, it's on sale!" :smack

Yeah I am a sucker, but I am glad that my stupidity helped SOMEONE here :thumbsup
Remember it is probably a minimum wage employee who is advising you..... :(

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Yes, I know. I should have known better.

In my defense, it was several months ago :p

Vega

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I try to eat a healthy well-balanced diet in order to get all my vitamins. I have taken supplements in the past and didn't really notice any difference. I guess I was already getting the vitamins. I did read recently that supplements will lose their potency if stored in moist environments like their bathroom and even their kitchen. Make sure to store them in a cool, dry environment to make sure they don't lose their potency. It might even be a good idea not to buy such large bottles but smaller bottles instead to make sure the vitamins stay at their strong levels.

Jamsoundsgood

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Woot! I just bought some new D-3 and I didn't even think about the soy, but reading the back it says: "contains no yeast, dairy, egg, gluten, corn, soy or wheat. Contains no sugar, starch, salt, preservatives, or artifieal color, flavor or fragrance."

I just really liked that it was liquid and didn't contain a whole bunch of stuff in it. The ingredient list is about 1/3 of the size of my last vit D. :D

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Can someone explain the difference between this type of D3 and fermented fish oil? I am guessing that the FFO has omega 3s as well, but I don't want to ASSume.

http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/vitaminDPharmacology.shtml

CHOLECALCIFEROL (VITAMIN D3)Cholecalciferol is the naturally occurring form of vitamin D. It is the substance made in large quantities in your skin when sunlight strikes your bare skin. It can also be taken as a supplement. Cholecalciferol is vitamin D; all other compounds are either metabolic products or chemical modifications.

Cholecalciferol is manufactured from the fat of lambs wool by purifying the fat and extracting the cholecalciferol. It is quite potent as vitamin D is active in tiny quantities.

adoptedbyachicken

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
OK you made me go look... I forgot to order the Vit D last time from my usual source so I picked up a bottle at Costco

Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) 25 mcg / 1000 IU

No artificial flavours, colours no dairy, gluten, lactose or yeast.

Canadian product, HealthBalance is the brand.