FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea funny I do freeze pancakes also. better than Eggos for sure :p

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
yourbadd said:
I'd direct him to the nearest Waffle House!!
Boy does that chain vary in different locations. I have had good meals there and in others I have walked out before ordering. Try frozen toaster waffles they aren't great but some are good. do not microwave they get tough and soggy.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
maybe i should search for a 4 burner...that would save lots of time...

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
With mine I learned that you realy have to let them cool down all the way, or else they do seem soggy.

Never been to a waffle house. Been to an ihop once.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
the funny farm6 said:
With mine I learned that you realy have to let them cool down all the way, or else they do seem soggy.

Never been to a waffle house. Been to an ihop once.
Really 1600+ resturants in 25 states mostly South East they claim to serve 2% of the eggs served in the USA. What I like about them is that food is cooked in a open kitchen so you can keep a eye on them if you want, I do because some cooks are great and others suck. None of dropping your waffle on the floor and serving to you anyways.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The nearest ihop from us is 3 hr drive.

Had to look up waffle house- got one that is about 3 hr drive also. Long way to go for waffles.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I have a waffle maker, and am not sure when I last used it. But, I'm planning on making a bunch of waffles and freezing them. Then in the summer, I can pretend they're Belgian waffles and eat them w/fresh fruit and whipped cream. :D

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Life is short. Buy the poor guy a wafflemaker. They aren't THAT expensive and don't take up THAT much space!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
Life is short. Buy the poor guy a wafflemaker. They aren't THAT expensive and don't take up THAT much space!
:lol: :lol:

you had me cracking up on that post Gals

I just let him buy a 2500 4X4 Mega Cab Diesel truck. he ain't get no wafflemaker :gig :gig

edited to say I am giong to start a PRO and CON list for hubby. if the PROs outway the CONS then he can have one :bun