Wannabefree...guess what I got in the mail today!?!?!?!?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
So you're planting taters now? The chickens dug mine up :smack What is a pack saddle?

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
So you're planting taters now? The chickens dug mine up :smack What is a pack saddle?
Nope getting the ground ready for spring when its wet we can plant them. It is this worm like deal that will light you up wherever it touches..........they are horrible.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
pinkfox said:
is it this thing barredbuff?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saddleback_caterpillar

cool looking but sounds wholey unpleasant!
It looks like a cocker spaniel with two tails wearing one of those silly sweaters. Sounds painful, I had never heard of them. I haven't ever seen any around here :hu Freaky looking little thing though. Sorry it got you Janester :hugs

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I got me a lime squeezer last night so I'm off to do those up and get some potatoes and squash put away today. I also have to make bread and pour up the laundry soap I made last night and make some more of it. Then I have to haul a load of steel, and I don't know what else...just a LOAD of things to do today. Hopefully I will be able to get a bit done though and cross off more of my list today...HOPEfully! The kid will be out of school all next week and I have a very distinct feeling I will be chauffeuring more than I care to :lol: Niece will be over most of the week I'm sure, and my other niece next door will want to stay if she does, and probably the nephew as well, so I will very likely have a housefull of youngins under foot all week. I have to figure out which day would be best for a picnic at the park so the girls can have a tea party ;)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Whew! What a day! I got the limes done. I got bread made, but it was a flop :/ DH's friend ran out of gas about 10 minutes away, so I had to go get gas in the can, take it to him, and gave him $20 to put in the tank so he could get to our house. He came to get some food, and help haul steel, so we got a load of it off today. His gf stayed here with me, and I took her to an appointment at 2. We got back from there and I got a few more things together. They had NOTHING, no money, no food, no fuel...I remember being there. We got them enough stuff together to take care of them for a bit. We paid him to help get the steel out, which was a HUGE help, so they have a leg up now. Hopefully, we can help get them back on track over the next few weeks.

THEN I realized where I knew his gf from. About 14 years ago, I was at her house. A friend of a friend knew her, and I knew her husband, so we stopped by and walked into a mess. They had been fighting, he was having some mental issues. He left, we stayed for a bit, and then we left. Then we get a call, she can't find him would we go check to see if he was at his dads place. He had went to his dads property on the edge of town, and shot himself in the head. I found him shortly after it happened. He was still alive, but brain dead :( I remember her coming down there, and seeing him and going nuts. I dragged her back out of the way so the medics could work on him. I never forgot her face. I forgot her name, but not her face. That was the first and last time I had ever met her. She mentioned her oldest boy today, and how she had had issues when her husband had shot himself and I instantly knew who she was. Their son, who was 14 months old at the time, is now 15. I always had wondered what happened to him. Since I didn't know her, I never was able to keep up with him, and where they were. I completely lost contact when I moved to Georgia a year later. She showed me a pic on her phone of the boy from a few weeks ago. He is his daddy made over..shocking to look at him they resemble each other so much. Anyway, small world. I was a bit shocked at the realization of who she was, and the memories come flooding back very vividly....I still miss my friend. We got to reminisce a bit, and all in all it was an enjoyable visit, but I miss my friend, probably always will.

Life is a strange ride sometimes.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Dear Holy God,

Have mercy on me today. You know the things that are going on in my life with the child You have so graciously given me, and You know the situation of the three children with whom I may be being entrusted to take care of in the very near future. You know all my doubts, my fears, and my weaknesses, and still you love me anyway and have entrusted me with the honor of motherhood. You must see something in me that I can't see, because I feel like a blubbering mess right now. Father give me strength, patience, and stamina to take on the things that You have given me as blessings, and to see them as such, every day, even when they don't feel like blessings, remind me that they are. I am weak, selfish, shortsighted, and incapable of doing this without You. Show me Your ways, and guide me always in the paths of righteousness, for Your glory, so that I can be the example I need to be to these kids that You would have me to be, as a daughter of the King! Remind me who I am, and help me to live up to Your expectations! Help us all to live by Your example, and to honor You in our family lives, and in our personal lives. If You can die on the cross to save us from certain death, I know You can hold my hand so I don't make a royal mess of things, and I am asking You, please, help me through this. I need Your guidance, mercy, and grace. Without You, I am nothing. You are all the good I have in me, and I need You now to carry me through. If it is Your will, I ask for these things in the name of Jesus. Thank You for all that You have given me thus far, and all of the things You will give me and show me as I do my best to walk with You throughout the rest of this life and into the next. You are my everything. Thank You for loving me for who I can be through You, rather than who I am sometimes. Amen.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Big :hugs from me today as you find yourself on your knees, and know that you are loved unconditionally by God, your kids, your husband, and everyone else who loves you.

I pray the rest of your day goes better.

:hugs