Wanted: Farmette-Hand in exchange for Room/Board

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We are a 3-person metaphysical family: me, Hubby and 14 year old high-functioning autistic child (who is also epileptic, OCD and ADHD as well as gluten-free). We need someone to help with chores around here!
Prefer a woman, probably with one youngish child.

You'd work 3-5 hours a day, more in summer, less in winter.

Farmette: 2 acres
Animals (now): 4 mini goats, about 45 chickens, 1 service dog
Animals (soon): adding pigs and possibly turkeys, possibly barncat/mouser and more dogs

Duties include:
-building fences, livestock housing, hay racks, smokehouse, etc.
-small-scale farming (aka gardening!): composting, planting, weeding, harvesting
-dehydrating and canning, possibly light cooking
-livestock care, including milking goats
-sometimes "hanging" with my 14 year old autistic/epileptic kid (do NOT say babysitting!)
-splitting firewood
-etc

You get:
-bedroom with your own bathroom (no charge)
-some board (eggs, milk, produce we grow, and some other stuff ... nothing fancy)
-laundry/kitchen priviledges
-normal water and electricity usage. Home phone (no long distance).
-access to our huge book collection, esp good for homeschooling

You'd have to pay for your own cell phone and health/vehicle insurance. Exchange kid-sitting. We can't afford a salary but you won't lack for food, water, shelter, and the invaluable experience of learning self-sufficiency.
In your off hours, you could homeschool your child, do crafts or whatever. Starting 2012, we'll go to a huge flea market 20 weekends or so a year to sell whatever we can ... YOU can have your own table to sell whatever you make in your off hours. Can even use my sewing machine.

Hoping you can move in around January 2012.

Please e-mail.

(If I didn't post this in the right section, please let me know.)