Waretrop's Pheasants and Duck

waretrop

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We raise them for resale. We sell them locally and at our club "tail"gate sales.....They are to expensive for them to be mouth-candy....

waretrop

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@frustratedearthmother No I never sold any eggs except my normal chicken eggs that are not fertile...Do you think you know of me????

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@waretrop No, was just curious if that was another possible source of income for you. I've bought lots of hatching eggs (chicken) off of ebay and people will pay good money for the breeds they want. Just wondered if you'd ever tried it.

waretrop

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@frustratedearthmother No I don't produce that many chicks....12 or 20 of some.....I get the most our of my Serama chickens. I always save out the shortest ones and get rid of the tallest ones....

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
OK I'm totally just curious here. How expensive are they? Do you keep them in housing similar to chickens? I don't know much about them other than they're gorgeous, lol!

waretrop

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The Red Golden Pheasants are $60. a pair, the Silver Pheasants are $80. a pair, the Lady Amherst Pheasant are
$80. a pair, the Mandarin Duck are about $125. a pair. We also have
Ring Teal and Call Ducks. The Ring Teals are $100. a pair and the Call Ducks are $25. a pair. We also have Shelducks and Ruddy Shelducks but have not bred yet....

GOT THAT......? LOL I didn't post pictures of all the other ones for they just don't stand still for a second when they see that phone......LOL

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ooh I like Mandarin ducks! Wow you have a whole bunch! Very cool. I've never even heard of a Shelduck. Now I'm going to have to look them up!

Latest posts