Warrantees as money savers

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
And what's really fun is when they keep changing things so you can't use something old on a newer product. When my camera died, I wanted to buy another camera that took the same battery. I figured I had that, as well as the recharger already, so that would give me an extra battery and charger. They changed the battery size, so I couldn't get a camera that took the same battery. :/

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
On the other hand this is why my newest blender was an Oster. The base for my old one needed to be replaced, but the blender jar itself was still good, and I had been given another Oster blender jar by a friend when she got something else. Even the 20 year old jar fits the new base, and now I have 3 jars (!), as the new base came with one.

Where I used to live there was a hardware store chain (Orchard Supply, for you Northern Californians) that surprised me greatly once when they took back a gallon of already mixed paint, without any questions, when it turned out the paint and the paint chip didn't match. I was very impressed. They belong to Sears now, and we no longer live there, so I don't know what their return policy is now.