was how to protect fire wood, oops

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I know people who store it against their house. I'd be afraid to do that-not because of mice but because of termites!

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I'm wondering if this wouldn't be a great application for an arched cattle panel or two with a tight tarp. I never have problems with tarps that are stretched tight to a cattle panel, especially when the wind can go through the tunnel instead of fighting the tarp. The sides of the arch would be strong enough to bear the weight and strain of the stacked wood and the shelter would shed rain and snow very well.
From our own personal experience with a cattle panel hoop coop, a lot would depend on what the winters are like as far as using this type of "shed" for wood storage. Our hoop coop sheds rain, just fine but not so much with snow. The "roof" caved in on ours with the first good snow that we had out here.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We just used to stack it and keep any or 1/3 barked slabs for the top roll with the bark side up. It makes a fair cap and when we wanted wood we would lift the slabs, remove what we needed, and replace the slabs. Of course we stacked it as cords and the two middle rolls would remain dry and ice free no matter the storm.