Washed and Carded Llama Wool Available

Old Gray Egg

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Last year we obtained five rescue llamas and have decided to process and sell their wool to spinners and felters. This is my first attempt at contacting and networking with the spinning community, so any suggestions that you may have for networking with others that may be interested would be greatly appreciated.

If you or anyone you know might be interested, please contact me via e-mail at gweldred@yahoo.com.

odd_duck99

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You can also try to contact your local chapter of the SCA, if there is one. It's a renaissance recreation type group - to be very generic. They are quite realistic and into things being historically correct, and are generally European-centric. I am not sure they had llama fiber then... but it could be worth a shot if we don't take it all first! :)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
odd_duck99 said:
You can also try to contact your local chapter of the SCA, if there is one. It's a renaissance recreation type group - to be very generic. They are quite realistic and into things being historically correct, and are generally European-centric. I am not sure they had llama fiber then... but it could be worth a shot if we don't take it all first! :)
I doubt they did since llamas are from South America, but they still might want it just for spinning, etc.