Wasn't sure where to post this, but...

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
figured I would post it here since it is canning related!

I got my first water bath canner today!!! :ya

My mom and I stopped in at Walmart..which I hate going there...but we decided to check out the canning supplies area, see what they had...and they had a water bath canner with the rack on clearance for $9!!! :woot

Soooo My mom bought it for me as an early B-day gift!!!

I am so super excited!!!

Now I just gotta get jars, lids, etc..and stuff to can!!

Nuggetsowner:)

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yea for you!! Watch at garage sales or auctions or that kind of thing for jars and you will probably find some. Wishing you luck and much many fun times with your new canner!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
$9
nothing like a clearance rack! :)

now to learn! COOL

Zenbirder

Frugal Vegetarian Farmer
Reaction score
:weee
I'm so happy for you!

Might I suggest that if you go to a church, pass the word that you could use jars. Many older women have a stash and no one interested to leave them to. Who knows, it wouldn't hurt to try!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Awesome!! We may be the only people around who get how it's cool to get a water bath canner as a BD present!! My mom just asked what I want for Christmas. I told her a cast iron dutch oven!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
HA HA-- H23
you are so right...we don't want diamonds, gold jewelry, fancy clothes, expensive purses, we want SS stuff...and farm stuff, and animal supplies and overalls, and muck boots....LOL

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
HA HA-- H23
you are so right...we don't want diamonds, gold jewelry, fancy clothes, expensive purses, we want SS stuff...and farm stuff, and animal supplies and overalls, and muck boots....LOL
ROFL I GOT Muck boots for my birthday this year!! :lol:

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I want a boot scraper for Christmas--so I don't bring all that clay into the garage or house in the yucky weather.

As far as jewellery is concerned--I harly wear my wedding rings--they interfere when I am using a shovel or carrying buckets--so why would I want more jewellery?? lol

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
congrats on the canner, now all you need is a pressure canner and then maybe i can borrow it. :lol: i love me some muck boots i have worn a pair slam out, which where i live its pretty worn out.