Water in Ears.....

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I had trouble with fluid in my ears. It started by escaping from my children by locking myself in the bathroom, taking a bath with my ears underwater. Daily. šŸ¤£ 2020 was so much fun! :gig

I have allergy type problems so my eustachian tubes werent working right and it wasnt draining.

One of my ears cleared up with antihistamine and decongestant 24/7. The other one progressed to a middle ear infection and required antibiotic and continuing with antihistamine and decongestant until the fluid was gone.

After my experience, I would encourage EARLY self care like antihistamine, decongestant, and alcohol to dry the ear. Dont wait and see. Hearing loss can be permanent.

I've had tinnitus continuously ever since. šŸ™

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i've had fun with my ears itching for years. doctor looked took samples, tested, could not figure out what was going on. basic answer was that i was reacting to my own ear wax.

a few things can help, hydrogen peroxide dilluted with water to about 1/4-1/3 strength. use a big syringe (no needle) to put it in while laying on your side. let it bubble for a bit, and then drain it out.

another thing that helped was some rubbing alcohol dilluted again to about 1/3-1/4 strength. put in for a few moments and then let it drain out.

if either of these sting or hurt when applied you probably have some kind of infection.

the other approach is to take some basic hydrocortizone cream on a Q-tip and using that to coat the area that is itchy (hopefully not down in the canal itself). this has been working well enough for me lately that i've not been using either of the above solutions.

the problem in general with using any liquids in the ears is that you can piss off your inner ear and start up some vertigo and that is even more horrible and much worse than a nasty ear infection or the itching. luckily there are some treatments for that which can greatly help.

Latest posts