Water in Ears.....

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
My daughter is a swimmer and gets waer in her ears. We were told by a Dr to put a couple of drops of alcohol in the ears to help dry up any lingering water. Perhaps your has gone to far for this to be helpful though.

You could try calling your Doc...my DD tells me that she is hearing that Docs are no longer giving antibiotics for ear infections as it has been proven that OTCs are just as effective.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I had trouble with fluid in my ears. It started by escaping from my children by locking myself in the bathroom, taking a bath with my ears underwater. Daily. 🤣 2020 was so much fun! :gig

I have allergy type problems so my eustachian tubes werent working right and it wasnt draining.

One of my ears cleared up with antihistamine and decongestant 24/7. The other one progressed to a middle ear infection and required antibiotic and continuing with antihistamine and decongestant until the fluid was gone.

After my experience, I would encourage EARLY self care like antihistamine, decongestant, and alcohol to dry the ear. Dont wait and see. Hearing loss can be permanent.

I've had tinnitus continuously ever since. 🙁