Water shower for Quail (Like a baby shower but for wells)

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Well, I bet your kids would entertain themselves for hours with the water bed. That would give you a chance to sit down with us for a drink. ;) And once we get enough in you, you won't care about the splashes falling out of the pool. :D

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
whooot! but i'm using about a cup of rum.. not a tablespoon... heck...amateurs!
Is there more rum going in the cake or into you? ;) You don't need any help with that cake do you? :D

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
well i hope its not water in those super soakers how about load them up with bahama mamas

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
ohiofarmgirl said:
whooot! but i'm using about a cup of rum.. not a tablespoon... heck...amateurs!
Is there more rum going in the cake or into you? ;) You don't need any help with that cake do you? :D
* cut to shot, OFG face down in cake, bottle of booze in hand, cats looking on concerned.....*

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
*tsk* I hope it is water in those super soakers! my kids are here, ya know!

I really don't make a good lush, either. *looks around* I'm too chicken to get toasted - 'sides, someone might drown.....or vomit in the pool.......

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Nothing puts kids to bed faster than a splash of bahama mama! ;)

RUM CAKE, is only my favorite cake in the world!!! I had a good friend who made them for Christmas, the kids weren't allowed near them! (I think she soaked them in even more rum AFTER they baked.)

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
PARTY AT MY HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's done with the actual pounding of the well!!!!!!!! he baled out 100+ gallons of water when he was done and it was filling back up faster than he could bale it!!!!!!!!

he said by his counting, we're getting about 10 gallons of water every 45 seconds!!

he said it's the best well he's ever done!!! can ya believe it?

and he only had to go down 100 ft - which was an answer to prayer, because it saved us several hundred dollars to not have to go deeper than 100 ft!!! :ya

:weee :weee :celebrate :celebrate :ya :bun :woot :clap:clap

YEEEHAAWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's coming back on Saturday and Monday to bale it again, just to make sure it can't be baled dry - and then we're free to start hooking it all up! whoop whoop!!!!!!

in other news, just in time to celebrate the commencing of welling activities, Penelope the Embden has hatched two embden goslings today, with 13 more eggs to go!!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Cool, girl. After all that wait, now you have the best well on the block! ;)

And goslings? Sounds like you got a great well shower gift from your Penelope! :D

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
yep! yep! and we're so stinkin' excited!!!

he baled that 100+ gallons today - and I was sad watching it drain out of his 55 gallon drum and pipe all over my ground. My mind was scrambling, wondering how I could save all that precious water - well, I don't have to...the ducks are out there living it up in their temporary yard pond! :lol: