waxing philosophical about homemade laundry soap

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
PunkinPeep said:
Y'all are awesome. This is why i need you. Why didn't i think of something as simple as boiling? I don't know.

Pioneer girl, here's a link to a bunch of patterns for the reusable fem. pads. http://tipnut.com/free-pattern-for-washable-feminine-menstrual-pads/ There might also be someone on SS who makes and sells them. I can't remember for sure. I want to do this, but i'm not in the sewing mode right now.

I'm thinking that i am going to finally learn to really make lye. That seems like a good step forward. I need to read up, i guess, because it's probably not quite as simple as free makes it sound. ;) But Lord knows i have plenty of wood around here to use to make some wood ash and give it a shot. And i think i might freak out my mil and ask for a washboard and bucket for Christmas. :celebrate
I like freaking out my MIL as well, she doesn't know what do make of me 90% of the time!!! :gig

I'll be checking out that link, and I'm like you, just not in a sewing mood lately. I've got a quilt on hold simply because I just don't feel like cutting more pieces. :idunno Let us know how the lye turns out!!!