Ways to start a fire

sheaviance1

Power Conserver
Reaction score
okay, so I know that because I used matches this probably isn't very helpful, but, i camp, a lot, and one year i received a marriage proposal from a guy who was incredibly jealous that i was able to get a roaring fire after a gullywasher. pine needles will light wet or dry. they make a wonderful fire starter, and even after a gullywasher, if you dig down through a thick layer of thatch, you can almost always find some that are almost dry.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
sheaviance1 said:
i camp, a lot, and one year i received a marriage proposal from a guy who was incredibly jealous that i was able to get a roaring fire after a gullywasher.
LOL :) Then you gotta ask yourself, do I want to marry someone who *cannot* get a fire started after a gullywasher :p

Pat

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I've had guys upset when they learn I'm already married when they learn that I cut and split firewood.

And Noobie, I haven't done it in a long time, but I have made waterproof matches just by dipping the match head in the melted wax of a lit candle. As long as you don't get near the flame, this works well.