We got a dog!!!!!!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Good looking pup! :thumbsup I can't believe what some people throw away. :D
I am always amazed at this fact....how in the world do they DO that?

My first dog was about 4 yrs. old, looked just like this pup...beautiful, healthy, intelligent~and fully trained to all commands! Who took the time to train this beautiful dog and then just dump him?

My second dog, Lucy, was the same way...snow white beauty that is the envy of all when I take her places. Fully trained, spayed, gentle and intelligent. Big ol' dog that could sit up on her haunches and beg like a poodle! Left on a 5 ft. chain, abandoned on some farm....how do you leave something that sweet, intelligent, beautiful? :hu

Their stupidity was my bliss!!! :love

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
:love

I love lab kisses! I grew up with smaller dogs and when hubby said he wanted a lab I was nervous but they are just a wonderful breed! Crazy, energetic, enthusiastic and very loving and eager to please. They are also hardheaded sometimes but aren't we all? :gig

Love the pics! thanks

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Very handsome pup Pat! I'm sure you will be a great pack for him. He looks focused and content.

I love all the smart dog stories! We got our lab mix from a shelter 6 years ago. Thought we were getting a nice calm, but happy dog. Boy did we get a surprise once she was brought back from malnutrition! We got the energizer dog :p But we adjusted and found ways to focus and expend her energy so that she could at the very least sit still for a bit. She hasn't slowed down one little bit. And she scares the crap out of the neighbor, which is a huge bonus :gig

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Thanks guys! :)

I forget, did I say this already or not, his name is now Russell. Not sure why, we just got tired of not having something to call him :p I have been told it is a boring or at least 'underwhelming' name but I think he looks like a Russell and at least it could be worse <g>

He's still being crated at night and when we're out and in the morning (just b/c mornings are too busy to supervise him); he's outside with us or loose-but-closely-supervised in the house in the afternoon and evening. He sometimes pees in the crate overnight but often he is dry, and has not yet peed in the house except on his hurried way to the door when being taken out to pee. I think it's just a matter of time and working on it more, and I bet he will be fine in the end.

It is amazing how much chicken poo and sheep poo one puppy can hoover up in just a couple minutes. We are working on teaching "leave it!" :p

He learns very fast though -- yer basic Lab -- and I am just sure we picked a winner here :)

Pat