We Struck Gold On Freecycle

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
That is incredible, k0xxx! We recently saw one that someone repaired and painted for sale at a local shop for $2000!

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
Though it may be obvious to some I can not tell from the photo how old it may be - do not touch the original finish unless you know for a fact that it is a modern piece.

Im4dabirds

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Wow, what a find! I can never find anything on Freecycle. It's always wanted, wanted, wanted......

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Whoa! That's awesome!!! Good for you :cool: Make sure you post pics after you redo it too!

boggybranch

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
It NEVER ceases to amaze me at the things that people will "discard".....you are really lucky to have scored it cause you know the very next person to see it would have gobbled it up.....in life, timing can be everything.

hikerchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
boggybranch said:
It NEVER ceases to amaze me at the things that people will "discard".....you are really lucky to have scored it cause you know the very next person to see it would have gobbled it up.....in life, timing can be everything.
some of us have to discard things because we are downsizing. Whatever I can't freecycle or Craigslist goes into the burn pile. I can't bring all of my stuff with me to my new place.

boggybranch

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
hikerchick said:
boggybranch said:
some of us have to discard things because we are downsizing. Whatever I can't freecycle or Craigslist goes into the burn pile. I can't bring all of my stuff with me to my new place.
Discarding due to downsizing, or moving is one thing.....but, I'm talking about dicarding to get something "newer" and for no other purpose or reason than that.......wasteful, don't you think?