Weather

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We have had temps in the mid-40's during the day and just below freezing at night. Good for maple syrup makers. The warmer temps feel great.
However, we have some massive having flooding in the area. Our local river just got a flood warning this morning/overnight. We live near a tributary to that river and it has been flooded for about a week. The warm temps happened so fast and started with a 1" rain, there is just no where for the water to go. The tributaries channel still has a thick layer of ice on it - you can see where the snowmobiler's have been running all winter, but the lowland woods around it are running about 18" or more of water.This morning I noticed that the main channel ice for our tributary is starting to crack, so it may be gone in a couple of days. We only have about 12" clear board left until the tributary overruns our road.
There were almost a dozen deer standing on the road this morning when I went to work. I think they are trying to avoid the wet areas and let their feet dry off, lol. (most of the woods around here are swamp or lowland)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh wow! Are you in danger of being flooded? That wouldn't be cool.

The poor deer - nobody likes constantly wet feet, lol!

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Luckily, our place is on top of a small knoll with alot of flat farmfields around us that are at least 8' lower than where our buildings sit.

We are forecast to hit 52 on Saturday and then again on Tuesday next week. Luckily, we will be below freezing every night and that seems to help slow the flooding down.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It is absolutely a picture perfect day. Clear blue skies and 74 degrees... Tomorrow we're supposed to reach 77. We should have had spring break this week instead of last week when it was gloomy and overcast everyday. 'Course, they're calling for storms on the weekend.....grrrrr!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Northern lights tonight for upper tier of US states tonight around midnight. We will be socked in with clouds

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am hoping that the weatherman is right and we have clear skies tonight, but with the "mostly" full moon, I am not convinced that we will see much for Northern Lights. I used to watch them all the time when I was a kid. Haven't seen them in years...

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We're having heavy cloud cover and rain/snow. I've seen NL before, and they are pretty.

Psalm 19:1
The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I am hoping that the weatherman is right and we have clear skies tonight, but with the "mostly" full moon, I am not convinced that we will see much for Northern Lights. I used to watch them all the time when I was a kid. Haven't seen them in years...
I have only seen them once. It was awesome