Weather

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wild for the begining of December, is winter over already? It's currently 64 degrees winds are whipping, rain is pouring. It feels like spring, I even got bit by a mosquito this afternoon 🙄

Screenshot_20211205-224927.png

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow 😳 that was a powerful storm.

I just witnessed the barn getting struck by lightning. It has lightening rods and the thick aluminum braided uninsulated cable that runs to the ground rod. I watched the cable glow a white lime green color from the roof down the side of the barn. That was so cool to watch.

From what I can see in the dark, looks like I'll have some picking up to do in the morning. Big branch down in the driveway that would have taken our electric service out if I would not have had the main buried under ground. I hope the chicken coop didn't turn over, can't see over there it's dark. But one of my wife's wooden rockers is in the front yard and looks like the flag pole is bent also. IDK not going to worry about it, I'll assess/clean up in the morning. It's just stuff, glad no one is hurt.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
12 degrees F and feels like -9 deg F here---cold and windy. No one wanted to get up this morning

we're waiting on propane delivery. i've never been a morning person my whole life. the most likely reason for me to be up in the early morning has normally been because i've stayed up all night. as i get older this is changing. i don't like it... :)

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
and we are dropping....temp is now 7 deg F but feels like -15 deg F. Round one of frozen chicken water in the house-will be swapping out all day. Frozen fingers and toes but their coop is staying around 20 degrees with the sun shining in so they should be happy.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
and we are dropping....temp is now 7 deg F but feels like -15 deg F. Round one of frozen chicken water in the house-will be swapping out all day. Frozen fingers and toes but their coop is staying around 20 degrees with the sun shining in so they should be happy.
I haven't dared to go outside yet. Chickens have heated water and a lot of kitchen scraps so they should be fine. I might not go out at all, just have DS14 close their door if he didn't already, and put out a little food if their pumpkins are gone.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I haven't dared to go outside yet. Chickens have heated water and a lot of kitchen scraps so they should be fine. I might not go out at all, just have DS14 close their door if he didn't already, and put out a little food if their pumpkins are gone.
I have a heated water bowl too BUT I hadn't gotten it set up yet. Silly me

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Tornado hit a town about 30 miles from here last night. I heard what sounded a lot like a freight train go over the house, it was quick though didn't last more than 5 seconds.

Then my wife told me about the tornado. So I looked it up and yep. We had a big limb break of one of maples, I cut it up and it's heating the cave in the wood stove. One of my wife's wooden rockers was in the yard, I picked it up and put it back on the porch. Our flag pole bend, I man handled it as straightened it back up. Lots of small limbs down. Chicken coop stayed put also. No damage to any of the building and thankfully no one hurt. It was a powerful storm though.