CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Don't like freezing rain one little bit. Happy New year all y'all
Screenshot_20201231-160344.png

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I would take snow over landslide possibilities any day of the week..... WOW.... sure hope that you don't get all that rain and the ground will stay stable under your feet.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We are personally safe. It was one of the risks I checked when we looked at properties along with lahar danger. There are plenty of areas at landslide risk around here, though. Some have small slides that block roads every year.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh and even the normally solid ground sinks when I walk across the grass to feed birds. The house is on the highest part so it's all good. If it stops raining for a few hours most of the ponding will start draining. Everyone thinks because we have marsh and ponds we will flood. It actually does the opposite as there is an outlet stream. So people on "dry property" will flood for days and into their houses. We don't even get water close. Slightly inclined property is sought out here by smart people.

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The hot weather broke here with some epic thunderstorms. The lightening was phenomenal and luckily followed but heavy rain, so the fires that sparked in the national park wern't too bad. I will have to go back to watering the garden tomorrow, but it was nice to have a day off and see everything green up. Also meant the sides of the roads greened up too, I saw hundreds of roos in my drive into town tonight, most in a low lying paddock near the road but a few very close to the bitumen, nibbling the fresh shoots.

Mid to high 20's the next couple days, so hopefully I can get some gardening done, without a side of heat stroke.