Weather

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's 7:30pm and 54°. We've had several inches of rain in the last two days, on top of our already saturated soil. I'm kind of worried about some of the people down in the valleys.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i want the rains and snows to get to California and the Rocky Mountians. the snow packs are important.

we could use some drier weather here for the next year or two to get Lake Huron and Lake Michigan lower for the water level is now up high. not that i want drought conditions either, just a bit less than we've been having.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
At least the levels of the great lakes is starting to drop. Article in the paper said Lake Michigan is down 2" from the highest point.

From what I could gather, the lakes have a 30 year cycle of highs and lows - 15 years to the low point, then increasing for 15 years to the high point, then 15 years to go back down again ... lather, rinse, repeat.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
At least the levels of the great lakes is starting to drop. Article in the paper said Lake Michigan is down 2" from the highest point.

From what I could gather, the lakes have a 30 year cycle of highs and lows - 15 years to the low point, then increasing for 15 years to the high point, then 15 years to go back down again ... lather, rinse, repeat.
Yes, plus the Army Corps of Engineers is always mucking with the outflows, too. In those high years, local news is always running stories of local beach cliff erosion. In the low years, stories about how the marinas need to dredge to remain serviceable

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We had nasty winds go through last night. Almost the entire Puget Sound area was without power. Gusts up to 70mph were recorded. Lots of trees down. I know the wind was blowing from a weird direction here, which always causes problems.

We are estimated to get power back around 2:00pm. It went off just after midnight.

Latest posts