Weather

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What are you waiting for????? 😲 If cold. Get heated. 😁
Nooooooo!

Have to toss kid on roof, unscrew chimney cap, have kid scrub it all clean.

Then we need to clean all of the accumulated tools that have gravitated to the previously open area on and around the wood stove.

Then we need to haul in the wood... which means we will be smacked in the face with the fact that we gathered a bunch of wood slabs this summer to burn this winter.... but never cut them to length. :hide

Yeah.... maybe in 2 weeks.....

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hope you have considered that kid on roof would be safer without snow! :old 😁 :hide whatcha waiting for? You DO remember the snow as deep as your windows, right??? I'm cold just thinking about it!

It's been 62-64 in my house each morning for couple weeks. I flip on a heater for about an hour to knock the chill. All the while thinking "Alaskan would think this was summer!!". :lol: Dang cold for that! I've been going to work. So right now it's tolerable. Won't be soon, when I'm home more. Once the chill sets in I'm just cold and not comfy. Not using heat other than the morning right now but, heated mattress pad and ceiling heat blower in shower area. Probably good with just light use for another couple weeks, then.....longer use.

First of week they're saying possible freeze temps a couple nights, mid 40 days. That's full on winter here! :oops:. Seems for just a couple days, then more normal, like now.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It's been 62-64 in my house each morning for couple weeks. I flip on a heater for about an hour to knock the chill. All the while thinking "Alaskan would think this was summer!!".
Those temps sound dreamy hot!

And not to worry about kid... we always toss a light kid up on the roof, and have a rope from the light kid, over the peak of the roof, and to a big heavy kid on the ground. Big heavy kid never gives light kid more than a foot of slack. We usually use a third kid as caller/spotter since heavy kid and light kid can't see each other.

:old I love those kids! No busting them up!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
These murder mittens do not approve of this weather.
20211111_085755.jpg
She is inside eating a can of cat food before her indoor nap. I love her winter routine! I dont see her much in summer.