Weather

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Blah.... oodles of snow.

Stuff was perfectly plowed last night, but more than a foot overnight and the plow guy that I pay to plow Sunday morning (so that I don't have to get up at crack before dawn to plow :sick ) Was so swamped he couldn't get to us ...... only people in church were the ones that could walk.....

And yeppers...STILL snowing.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh, my!! Just can't imagine that much snow.....in my area, heck we'd be TOTALLY a closed down area. I'm sure you guys are "used to" this but, still can't wrap my head around that much at once!! No doubt y'all are well stock for this, after all over half your year is snowed in. :idunno what DAY is summer next yr? 😁

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yes, snow is a normal thing up here, but..

If I could only dial the weather! :old

A multiple day blizzard for the first plow-worthy event sucks rocks.

So here we are... learning on the new equipment... scrambling with last few things not perfectly stowed away... and if you spin around twice it is time to re-plow or re-shovel what you just finished doing.

Blizzard spurted... stop start etc. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Looked like maybe it would hold off Saturday night, but nope, started up again Saturday night and now there is no stop in sight.

I think it is supposed to chug on along until tomorrow... unless we are unlucky and northern winds don't pick up and push it off us.....

Then again... looking at the plants this fall, we were clearly going to have an apocalypse/ death winter..... so not at all surprising.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Thundersnow overnight.

Attachments

• 20211129_081052.jpg
    20211129_081052.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 68