Wedding Cake Pic

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Absolutly stunning! Now ask her if she wants to learn how to make home made fondant for cakes!;):D I learned how this summer and it is super easy!:drool

woodwzrd

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Emerald said:
Absolutly stunning! Now ask her if she wants to learn how to make home made fondant for cakes!;):D I learned how this summer and it is super easy!:drool
Emerald she would love to learn how to make homemade fondant. She can work with it but doesn't know how to make it. She made and worked with some modeling chocolate on a birthday cake this summer but that is just not the same as fondant.

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I made marshmallow fondant and I got the recipe right from the wilton forums! It is basically just marshmallows and a touch of water and vanilla(or other flavoring) and powdered sugar--it is a bit messy but I made several different colors for my grandbaby's 2nd birthday and it turned out great and it tasted better than the super expensive store stuff- that stuff has a very funky aftertaste.
wilton- http://www.wilton.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=137541

Here is the cake that I made this summer.

0807101716.jpg

Just remember when buying a little mermaid doll to put in the cake, buy the more expensive one!! this one's little legs do not bend so I think she looks funny- I wanted to make the traditional mermaid sitting on the rocks!
But the baby loved it!

woodwzrd

Power Conserver
Reaction score
DW did know about the marshmallow fondant but has never made it. She also learned that you can flavor the store bought stuff to make it a little better to stomach but I still don't care for it. She actually took a fondant and gum paste class through Michael's craft store that is taught by a Wilton rep and was teaching her self to make the leaves for the cake before they got to that part of the class

Emerald, Your grand baby's cake is very cute.

DW also says thank you very much to all that have posted such nice feed back.