well water problems need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i bought a foreclosure so i have no idea what type of well i have but let me explain

the pump works i guess let me explain that
when looking down the well casing you can see the water moving and you can hear the water moving so i guess the pump is good

i am going to explain what the outside thing looks like

from the ground you have the well casing which has two wires on top that are not connected to anything they have the end caps on the end of the wires-- this is where you see and hear the water moving
from the well casing you have pvc pipe with a spigot attached
the pvc pipe with the spigot attached goes from the well casing to the other pipe coming from the ground that leads to the pressure tank
the blue tank (pressure tank) is under the house

now even though we have water moving in the well casing we cant get the water to actually rise enough to get to the pvc pipe that eventually leads to the pressure tank and we have poured in many gallons of water while blowing it out with the air compressor.

we have tried to prime it but i dont think this man has a clue to what he is doing.

he tried to explain the situation to his friend and his friend told him he needed to buy a motor....i looked for a "motor" and came up with the same submersible pump that is already moving the water in the well casing..is it maybe that the pump is weak?

Mr.Andersson

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Pull it up, out of the casing. The pump has become disconnecred from the riser pipe, either unscrewed or the male adapter broke.
A little heat will get the broken threads out of the body, pvc softens with heat. Go back with a schedule 80 male adapter if that is the case, not sch 40. My guess is that it unscrewed, someone did not tighten it enough at installation. Good luck, and don't drop it.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ok had the guy come out.....for him to dig up the broke pump and replace it with a new pump he quoted 1300.00 IS THAT REASONABLE?

Mr.Andersson

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Well, my 1/2 hp pump has been in the ground for 17 years, which is probably borrowed time. Imho, I think that is expensive, but the tool to pull the pipe is $250. Plus he knows what he is doing. I would get another quote to be sure, how much was the pump you found?
google, submersable well pump, or deep well pump

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Mr.Andersson said:
Well, my 1/2 hp pump has been in the ground for 17 years, which is probably borrowed time. Imho, I think that is expensive, but the tool to pull the pipe is $250. Plus he knows what he is doing. I would get another quote to be sure, how much was the pump you found?
google, submersable well pump, or deep well pump
pumps for my well run about 500-600.00

called another company and got a quote of 950.00 which i like alot better

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i found a 1 hp pump for 600.00

Mr.Andersson

Power Conserver
Reaction score
That sounds better! I would also say that it is most likely a two person job, and at that 2-3 hrs of work not including travel time. Depth also makes the work more difficult.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
We had to replace our pump not too long ago. First pump we got was no good from the factory. It was not a fun time. We went a few days w/no water. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.